The New Look

Well, what can I say. I am bipolar about blog templates. If my count is correct, this the 3rd change in under 8 months to this blog's layout. This one seems to be more user friendly and easier to navigate, plus, IMHO, easier on the eyes.

If you are new to blogging or an old hack that's been around for awhile there are a few sites out there dedicated to the betterment of coding and the general look of the Blogoshpere, more succinctly, Blogger. Here are links to two which I have come across in the past few months.

BloggerBuster - This is a site run by Amanda Fazani and she provides easy to read tutorials, hacks, SEO, and information pertaining to HTML. She is very informative, her content is very reliable, and most of all, easy to understand. The last template I used was designed by her and modified by me. BloggerBuster is highly recommended reading, especially for a novice who wants to expand their knowledge of web design.

OurBloggerTemplates- This is the site which I grabbed this template up from. They tend to concentrate more on development of templates for Blogger, than hacks. However, the group of templates they offer are all very well put together and creative. Much like BloggerBuster, it is an easy read and not difficult to understand. This site is a must if you want to get away from the limited templates offered by Blogger.

In addition to being great sites, both having enumerable quality, they are free! I believe both offer a tip jar and since these folks have a lot of great material and put time into their efforts, drop them a buck or two. They are obviously working hard.

Also, I must apologize to folks who have commented here, the JS-Kit/Haloscan comment form I was using has not been uploaded yet, so commentary is gone, but not forgotten. Please, let me get some feedback from you on which, you as the reader, prefer to use. The standard Blogger comment template or JS-Kit/Haloscan.

On a final note, while playing with the template, I nuked my links page. (Yeah, I am an idiot.) But, it actually worked out better in the end. I have reorganized it and added quite a lot of new sites. It is still under construction, so to speak, and if you are a blogger visiting here, Left, Right, Centrist, Science, Technology, Philosophy, etc. email me a link to your site, via the contact form in the menu at the top of the page. Or, leave it in the comment box and I will be happy to take a look at it. I can't guarantee all sites will make it up there, this will be based on content and just how crazy or sane you really are.

The original link is at the top of the page under Links Page on the menu bar, if you would like to take a look. If you are to lazy to scroll up, like me, here is the direct link,

Politics and Critical Thinking Links Page

Don't worry, it's free. I don't believe there should be a price on good information. Hope you enjoyed!



6 comments :

robert verdi said...

I like it, it looks pretty good.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Rob.

Anonymous said...

Like it, man! It is easier on the eyes. Hey don't worry about changing themes. I go through it too.

You know what though, have you considered a underlined blue for the links?

Either way, it looks good.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the feed back,m Jason. I will give the underlined blue a look see, that might work out nicely. Take it easy, bro.

Unknown said...

I like the new look too.

Its funny that you brought up the frequent change, because obviously the content makes the blog - but there is something a homey/warm template that makes all the difference.

Unknown said...

Hey Ark,

Glad you like it and I absolutely agree. Take care.

 

Copyright © Politics and Critical Thinking Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger