Reuters-Obama, in an interview with the New York Times, expressed an openness to adapting tactics in Afghanistan that had been used in Iraq to reach out to moderate elements there.
"This does not require any response or reaction for this is illogical," Qari Mohammad Yousuf, a purported spokesman for the insurgent group, told Reuters when asked if its top leader Mullah Mohammad Omar would make any comment about Obama's proposal.
"The Taliban are united, have one leader, one aim, one policy...I do not know why they are talking about moderate Taliban and what it means?"
The experts in international goings-on at Foreign Policy magazine have provided the Obama administration's Office for Exercises in Futility the necessary tools for identifying the elusive Taliban moderate.
Foreign Policy Magazine-The man you are looking for will display one or more of the following views:
1) Seeks only partial destruction of the United States
2) Advocates stoning unfaithful women to death with only small rocks and pebbles
3) Believes terrorists are rewarded in heaven with only 25 virgins
4) Offers Bin Laden refuge in his home only during inclement weather
5) Still seeks to march every last Israeli into the sea but promises not to gloat about it afterwards
This gentleman will probably have a somewhat shorter beard than is typical, smiles occasionally, speaks some English and was last reported living with the Tooth Fairy in Candyland."
I am smelling Joe "The Foreign Policy Expert" Biden on this one.
Breitbart.com-Less body armor might be the answer in Afghanistan